A shower that reached temperatures in excess of 180 degrees was being used as a torturing devise to punish mentally disabled inmates in the Dade Correctional Institution Transitional Care Unit (TCU).
If you know of any inmates that were placed in this shower as punishment, or any inmates that witnessed this shower being used to torture another inmate, please do not comment on this post. Please instead send as much of the following information that you have via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) The name(s) and D.C. number(s) of any inmate who was subjected to the shower torture.
2) The name(s) and D.C. number(s) of any inmate who witnessed the shower torture.
3) The wing in which tortured inmate(s) was/were housed.
4) The date(s) on which the incident(s) happened.
5) The wing that the shower was located that was used as a torturing device.
6) The date(s) and details of any inmate grievance filed concerning the use of a shower for torture.
7) The date(s) and details of contacting other parties outside of the Florida Department of Corrections that you felt should have been of assistance (governor, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, media, etc.).
This information is being gathered by two independent advocates who are unaffiliated with any government agency or non-profit organization, and the informatin is being gathered in light of the inaction at the local, state, and international level regarding the 2012 scalding homicide of Darren Rainey at Dade Correctional Institution TCU. The initial purpose of gathering information will be to document the extent of the use of the shower as a torturing device, as well as the attempts made by inmates and their friends and families to have the use of shower become known. The ultimate purpose will be use the information to press state, federal and international agencies to fully investigate and prosecute those that used the shower to torture and kill, as well as every party that participated in covering up these events. Participants permission will be sought at that time, via email.